Emergency Room PhysicianPosted: May 27, 2021
Treats patients in emergency room to ensure proper injury care and disease diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. Requests necessary tests and follow-up visits and refers patients to specialists, as necessary. Requires a degree in medicine from an accredited school and is licensed to practice. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May report to a medical director. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ER physicians perform medical tests on patients to diagnose a variety of health conditions requiring immediate attention. They use laboratory test results or diagnostic images to help determine appropriate treatments. ER physicians also must handle triage situations, which involves deciding which patients need the most immediate help at a particular instant. In addition, they perform tasks such as suturing deep cuts, writing prescriptions, and performing emergency deliveries of babies.
ER physicians should be able to splint and stabilize injuries to a patient's extremities, as well as fix dislocations and fractures. They also should be able to interpret electrocardiograms--which measure the electrical activity of the heart--as well as provide medical advice over the phone and issue discharge instructions. These health care providers additionally refer patients to surgeons or other medical specialists when necessary.
Primary Job Functions
•Provides patient care to patients in the Emergency Department.
•Provides scheduled employee physicals as required by the hospital with the understanding that all patients requiring emergency care will receive first priority.
•Maintains continuing education and ER requirements, i.e. ACLS, ATLS, PALS, etc.
•Maintains communication with hospital and medical staff.
•Meets all documentation requirements to include transfer of patients to other facilities in full compliance with COBRA and EMTALA.
Schedule: 12 Hr Shifts / Varied
Contact: Genna Delnicki
Solid verbal and interpersonal communication skills are critical for ER physicians. These individuals also must be able to work well under pressure and use good judgment in stressful scenarios. They additionally must be motivated to help people who are in need and be willing to work long hours. ER physicians should be able to work quickly and manage multiple duties simultaneously as well. They especially must have an extensive knowledge of a wide variety of medical conditions.
M.D./D.O. with Emergency Medicine residency preferred, will consider Family Practice or Internal Medicine with appropriate experience. New Mexico State M.D. License required. Three to five years experience in emergency care and/or residency.
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Education: Medical Doctor
Shift: Varied 12 hours, days/nights
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Financial Analyst May 17, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Cardiology RN May 19, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Emergency Room Physician May 27, 2021
- Interventional/Cardiology Imaging Nurse June 14, 2021
- Medical Lab Scientist January 7, 2021
- Nurse Aide May 20, 2021
- Patient Registration Clerk (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time May 14, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Pharmacist April 5, 2021
- Physical Therapist May 20, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (Days) February 3, 2021
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator March 8, 2021
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Sonographer - 40 hours/week March 19, 2021
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020