Medical Assistant II (Taos Professional Services)Posted: December 28, 2018
Position interfaces with providers and patients and entails: Rooming of patients including performing patient intake and documentation of vital signs and chief complaint in Athena Electronic Health Record. May queue testing orders for provider in Athena. Handles and processes patient prescription requests according to organizational policy an procedure. May schedule tests and procedures and ensures that results are available for provider when testing/procedure is completed; and follows-up on outstanding patient orders. May perform insurance prior authorizations and eligibility checks. Triages patient calls and takes accurate and detailed telephone messages in Athena for the provider. Secures competencies in point-of-care testing including: Phlebotomy and specimen handling, EKGs, point-of-care urinalyis testing, point-of-care glucose testing, PT INR testing, rapid step testing and instrument sterilization.. Assists and chaperones providers during procedures and treatments. Assists in patient discharges including the printing of after visit summaries and educational materials. Responsible for room turn-over including room stocking, par level maintenance and surface cleaning in accordance with established cleaning policies and procedures. May process patient record requests from outside medical providers. Performs other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor. May be requried to float to other practices to accommodate staffing fluctuations.
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Anthony Ralph
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Current EMT Certification.
• Graduate of Medical Assistant Course Preferred
• Knowledge of State, Federal and Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations required.
• Excellent Customer Service skills required.
• Communication and organizational skills required.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required. Knowledge of Meditech preferred
Associates Degree may be substituted for medical assistant training
Will consider training applicants with prior experience in the medical field with solid work references.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) July 27, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Cardiology RN May 19, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Director of ED July 1, 2021
- ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW) July 20, 2021
- Education Coordinator June 29, 2021
- Financial Analyst I July 27, 2021
- Food Service Worker I July 30, 2021
- Human Resources Recruiter June 29, 2021
- Nurse Aide May 20, 2021
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time May 14, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Physical Therapist May 20, 2021
- Radiology Technologist- Per Diem July 19, 2021
- Receptionist/Clinic Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Screener ***COVID Clinic (Temporary) FULL TIME*** July 20, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020