Sonographer - 40 hours/weekPosted: March 16, 2020
Provides health care services, using ultrasound to assist in diagnosis. Performs ultrasound imaging and related procedures in one or all of the areas covered in the scope of practice. Demonstrates anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention by or at the request of a licensed practitioner. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services. Performs sonographic procedures in Ultrasound, or a combination of modalities. Responsible for scheduling staff. Responsible for performing quality control in absence of the Lead.
Performs duties independently with minimal supervision, operating from specific and definite direction and instructions. Decision are of routine or critical nature, made within prescribed operating guidelines, policies, and procedures. Communicates new material, equipment, and procedures to all members of the team. Is responsible for delivering patient care within institutional guidelines.
Generally is not supervisory in nature.
Has both internal and external contacts. The most common internal contacts are with all staff, department leaders and physicians. The most frequent external contacts are with patiens and their guests. Both types of interactions involve information exchange, good customer service and problem solving.
The individual must be able to prioritize a wide variety of tasks, make decisions, cope with stressful situations, meet tight timeframes, adjust to unexpected or unscheduled demands, and revise work.
Schedule: Full -Time (40 Hours Per Week)
Contact: Lesley Hixson
Education and/or Experience
- Graduated from an accredited school or college program in Ultrasound required.
- Current State of New Mexico licensure as required.
- ARRT registered and/or RDMS certification required. RVT preferred.
- One-year experience as a Sonographer preferred.
- Communication and organizational skills required.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude required. Knowledge of Meditech preferred.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) July 27, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Cardiology RN May 19, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Director of ED July 1, 2021
- ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW) July 20, 2021
- Education Coordinator June 29, 2021
- Financial Analyst I July 27, 2021
- Food Service Worker I July 30, 2021
- Human Resources Recruiter June 29, 2021
- Nurse Aide May 20, 2021
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time May 14, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Physical Therapist May 20, 2021
- Radiology Technologist- Per Diem July 19, 2021
- Receptionist/Clinic Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Screener ***COVID Clinic (Temporary) FULL TIME*** July 20, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020