Medical AssistantPosted: August 9, 2021
• Utilizes AIDET to greet and escort patient to exam room.
• Obtains and documents accurate and complete vital signs and patient chief complaint or concerns. Gathers patient medical, family, and social history, and accurately documents all information in the patient’s medical chart.
• Performs basic patient care including EKG, phlebotomy, and Point of Care testing as directed by physician or advanced practitioner.
• Assists physicians in preparing and conducting office procedures.
• Ensures medical necessity compliance by obtaining necessary data, communicating information to patient or guarantor and obtaining necessary signatures.
• Provides instructions to patients as directed by physician or advanced practitioner.
• Coordinates follow-up care including the scheduling of tests and treatments. Obtains prior-authorizations for ancillary services, procedures, surgeries, and medications as required by government and non-government payors.
• Screens, documents, and routes all telephone calls from patients, front office staff, referring physicians, and pharmacies to the physician or advanced practice provider in the corresponding patient’s electronic health record.
• Ensures exam rooms are clean and stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments and prepares sterilization as required.
• Engages in daily huddles. Brings forward information to improve the delivery of patient care. Collaborates with physicians, advanced practitioners, colleagues, and manager to resolve patient concerns, improve workflow, and meet quality measures.
• Respects and maintains patient confidentiality at all times. Communicates effectively and courteously with and demonstrates a caring attitude toward patients and family.
• Participates in the orientation and training of new team members.
• Trains and maintains competency in front office procedures including but not limited to check-in and check-out, insurance verification, appointment scheduling, and co-pay collection.
• Maintains flexibility to provide clinical and non-clinical support to all HCMC practice locations to ensure adequate coverage for appointed patients.
• Follows universal precautions, OSHA standards and HIPAA regulations. Reviews and adheres to HCMC and TPS policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Schedule: Full Time 40 Hours per week
Contact: Vanessa Garcia
Phone: 575 751-5731
• Completion of a Medical Assistant or CNA program.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required and maintained current throughout employment.
• 1+ year of experience in an out-patient practice setting utilizing an EHR is preferred.
• 2 years customer service experience, Preferred or Required?.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- *** Screener/Swabber (Temporary- Fulltime) *** October 28, 2021
- Administrative Assistant III - (Full Time, Temporary) December 1, 2021
- Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) July 27, 2021
- Benefits/HRIS Specialist November 17, 2021
- Bilingual Home Visitor II September 1, 2021
- Cancer Support Services Group Facilitator August 2, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Certified Nursing Assistant - (Full Time) August 5, 2021
- Circulator RN September 10, 2021
- Clinical Informatics - EMR Training Coordinator October 5, 2021
- Clinical Informatics-EMR Liaison October 5, 2021
- Coder III September 1, 2021
- Financial Analyst I September 1, 2021
- Food Service Worker/Cook November 22, 2021
- Front Desk Registrar - TEMPORARY FT November 18, 2021
- House Shift Coordinator November 17, 2021
- Infusion Clinic / Registered Nurse November 11, 2021
- Materials Manager September 22, 2021
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time May 14, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Physical Therapy Technician November 15, 2021
- Receiving/Distribution Specialist November 3, 2021
- Receptionist/Clinic Scheduler October 15, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) October 19, 2021
- RN-Vaccinator TEMPORARY FT November 22, 2021
- Screener ***COVID Clinic (Temporary) PART TIME*** November 22, 2021
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020