Surgical Technician IV-First AssistPosted: January 21, 2020
Do you have a strong commitment to excellence and teamwork? Are you willing to care for our community with respect and compassion? Do you strive to always do the right thing?
If yes, you might be the Surgical Tech IV First Assist we need!
At Holy Cross Medical Center, we are driven by our mission statement, "To provide our community with the best health care choices close to home in an environment of continual improvement."
Title: Surgical Tech IV First Assist
Description: The Surgical Tech will assist surgeon during operative and invasive procedures.
Location: Taos, NM - 1398 Wiemer Rd.
Education: CST Certification required.
Surgical Tech IV First Assist, Full-Time, 40 hrs/week, Day Shift.
Non-Exempt, Hourly, Bargaining.
Benefited position starting 1st day of the following month after hire.
The surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
The Surgical Tech IV First Assist, assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedure. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure, monitors PAR levels of all levels of all surgical instruments and supplies and cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments. The assistant works closely with the surgeon in a hands-on capacity, helping the surgeon by handling vital tasks such as prepping the patient for surgery, providing suturing, clamping, removing scar tissue and positioning patients during surgery to ensure a safe operation. Position requires 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts to cover department Monday-Friday from 0630 - 1700. Position requires individual to assume "on call" duty on a rotating basis. Call required to cover evening, nights, weekend and holidays.
As a Holy Cross Medical Center employee, you will immediately start accruing Personal Leave Time and Major Medical Leave time from day one. You will receive incredible Health, Vision and Dental benefits, paid partially by employee and employer with life insurance, short and long-term disability options. We offer a 403B pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employee discounts on HCMC hospital deductibles, bereavement leave, education opportunities, jury duty compensation, service awards, EAP and Professional Development Program opportunities.
To apply, please fill out an application and attached a current resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Holy Cross Hospital is located in Taos, New Mexico. Taos is a friendly county seat located in Northern New Mexico roughly 40 minutes from Colorado's southern border. With clean rural living, we are located just 65 miles from the capital of Santa Fe, NM, 4 hours from Denver and 2 hours from Albuquerque. At 6,969 feet of elevation, there is outdoor recreation everywhere, quality schools with lots of sun and snow. We have four ski/snowboarding resorts located within 30 minutes of Taos, to include the world famous Taos Ski Valley, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, golfing, hunting and over 400 years of history.
Holy Cross Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state and federal regulations will be observed.
Contact: Anna Vasquez
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- CST Certification required.
- Three years of experience as an Operating Room Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Curent Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of advanced surgical anatomy and physiology and surgical procedures required.
- Current First Assist certification or must be able to obtain First Assist certification within 1 year from an approved program.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Financial Analyst May 17, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Cardiology RN May 19, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Emergency Room Physician May 27, 2021
- Interventional/Cardiology Imaging Nurse June 14, 2021
- Medical Lab Scientist January 7, 2021
- Nurse Aide May 20, 2021
- Patient Registration Clerk (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time May 14, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Pharmacist April 5, 2021
- Physical Therapist May 20, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (Days) February 3, 2021
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator March 8, 2021
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Sonographer - 40 hours/week March 19, 2021
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020