Network-Infrastructure Engineer IPosted: January 21, 2020
Do you have a strong commitment to excellence and teamwork? Are you willing to care for our community with respect and compassion? Do you strive to always do the right thing?
If yes, you might be the Infrastructure Engineer we need!
At Holy Cross Medical Center, we are driven by our mission statement, "To provide our community with the best health care choices close to home in an environment of continual improvement."
Title: Infrastructure Engineer I
Department: Information Technology
Description: Provide optimum availaibity and integrity for hospital end-users.
Location: Taos, NM - 1398 Wiemer Rd.
Education: Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) required.
Infrastructure Engineer I, Full-Time, 40 hrs/week, Day Shift.
Non-Exempt, Hourly, Non-Bargaining.
Benefited position starting 1st day of the following month after hire.
The Infrastructure Engineer-I will provide effective, efficient and fully integrated IT operational services to HCMC to maximize the availability and integrity for end-users and optimize the value of HCMC's investment in IT equipment.
Software and Hardware Installation
- Under proper supervision, install or remove hardware and/or software using supplied installation intsructions and tools.
- Conduct tests of the hardware and/or software being installed using the supplied test procedure and escalating issues to a more experienced colleague if required.
- Document all work in accordance with the department standards, including recording details of all hardware/software which has been installed, removed or disposed of.
- Provide basic operating guidance to HCMC users.
- Follow clear instructions with basic installations, evaluates basic change requests that impact or change the overall network.
- Contributes, as required, to the development of installation procedures and standards.
- Accepts additional responsibilities as assigned.
On-call participation is required.
As a Holy Cross Medical Center employee, you will immediately start accruing Personal Leave Time and Major Medical Leave time from day one. You will receive incredible Health, Vision and Dental benefits, paid partially by employee and employer with life insurance, short and long-term disability options. We offer a 403B pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employee discounts on HCMC hospital deductibles, bereavement leave, education opportunities, jury duty compensation, service awards, EAP and Professional Development Program opportunities.
To apply, please fill out an application and attached a current resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Holy Cross Hospital is located in Taos, New Mexico. Taos is a friendly county seat located in Northern New Mexico roughly 40 minutes from Colorado's southern border. With clean rural living, we are located just 65 miles from the capital of Santa Fe, NM, 4 hours from Denver and 2 hours from Albuquerque. At 6,969 feet of elevation, there is outdoor recreation everywhere, quality schools with lots of sun and snow. We have four ski/snowboarding resorts located within 30 minutes of Taos, to include the world famous Taos Ski Valley, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, golfing, hunting and over 400 years of history.
Holy Cross Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state and federal regulations will be observed.
Contact: Lesley Hixson
Education and/or Experience:
- Technical accreditation in atleast one of the following: Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP).
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Work well under pressure.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Theoretical knowledge across one or more of these information techology platforms: Desktop, Virtualization, Data Networking, Security, Mobility, Peripheral Hardware.
- Three (3) or more years in participating in technical problems to resolution, including working within a team and including external suppliers.
- One (1) or more years in participating in project delivery of technical projects.
- One (1) or more years in assisting with report writing, such as operating procedures, options appraisals and user guides.
- Valid NM Drivers License
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience in computing or related field.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate.
- ITIL Practitioner qualification.
- One (1) or more years in Information Security.
- One (1) or more years in IP Telephony.
- One (1) or more years with Server technology.
- One (1) or more years with Wireless technology.
- One (1) or more years with Switching technology.
- One (1) or more years with Healthcare systems.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) July 27, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Cardiology RN May 19, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Director of ED July 1, 2021
- ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW) July 20, 2021
- Education Coordinator June 29, 2021
- Financial Analyst I July 27, 2021
- Food Service Worker I July 30, 2021
- Human Resources Recruiter June 29, 2021
- Nurse Aide May 20, 2021
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time May 14, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Physical Therapist May 20, 2021
- Radiology Technologist- Per Diem July 19, 2021
- Receptionist/Clinic Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Screener ***COVID Clinic (Temporary) FULL TIME*** July 20, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020