Clinic Manager - Taos Professional ServicesPosted: February 21, 2020
Do you have a strong commitment to excellence and teamwork? Are you willing to care for our community with respect and compassion? Do you strive to always do the right thing?
If yes, you might be the Clinic Manager we need!
At Holy Cross Medical Center, we are driven by our mission statement, "To provide our community with the best health care choices close to home in an environment of continual improvement."
Title: Taos Professional Services Clinic Manager
Department: Taos Professional Services
Description: Responsible for providing leadership, growth, marketing and day to day performance of assigned clinic/s.
Location: Taos Professional Services clinic/s.
Education: Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Clinic Manager, Full-Time, 40 hrs/week, Day Shift.
Non-Exempt, Hourly, Non-Bargaining
Benefited position starting 1st day of the following month after hire.
The Clinic Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, growth, marketing and day to day performance of assigned clinic/s. Assists the VP of Outpatient Services to recommend, develop and update strategic (both short and long-range) plans to support the goals as applicable to hospital affiliated practices. Supervises practice employees (hire, train, discipline, etc.). In charge of placing supply orders and maintaining fiscal stewardship. Assists the VP of Outpatient Services in the business and financial affairs of the hospital-affiliated practices including accounting, budgeting, internal controls, revenue cycle oversight (coding, charge generation, submission, etc.) and timely reporting to Senior Management and Physicians. Ability to prepare comprehensive reports for senior management and physicians. Meets regularly with physicians to review financial performance and key practice indicators. Evaluates actual performance against practice and external benchmarks and coordinates/implements positive change. Investigates budget variances and routinely reports reasons to senior management and physicians. Ensures practice compliance with all regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies. Encourages practice integration within the community and Holy Cross Medical Center through effective communication, strong public relations and marketing. Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep current regarding healthcare trends and developments. Knowledge, creation and maintenance of the operating policies and procedures of the clinics sufficient to manage their operations and provide effective patient care. Exercising a high degree of initiative, judgement, discretion and decision-making. Skilled in analyzing situations accurately and taking timely and effective action. Responsible for developing the practice schedule to include staff hours and Physician/APC appointment times and call schedules. Works with VP of Outpatient Services to recruit new Physicians/APC staff. Works with landlords and maintenance staff to assure the cleanliness and upkeep of clinic spaces (interior and exterior). Works with IT staff to assure appropriate telephone and network connectivity.
1. Clinic assignments may include:
A. Holy Cross Surgical Specialties
B. Holy Cross Women's Health Institute
C. Primary Care/Pediatrics
D. Taos Dermatology, Breast and Plastic Surgery Clinic
2. Will assist in providing time off coverage for other clinic management staff.
We are looking for a candidate who works great as a team player with all departments, staff and future employees with positive representation of Holy Cross Medical Center.
As a Holy Cross Medical Center employee, you will immediately start accruing Personal Leave Time and Major Medical Leave time from day one. You will receive incredible Health, Vision and Dental benefits, paid partially by employee and employer with life insurance, short and long-term disability options. We offer a 403B pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employee discounts on HCMC hospital deductibles, bereavement leave, education opportunities, jury duty compensation, service awards, EAP and Professional Development Program opportunities.
To apply, please fill out an application and attached a current resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Holy Cross Hospital is located in Taos, New Mexico. Taos is a friendly county seat located in Northern New Mexico roughly 40 minutes from Colorado's southern border. With clean rural living, we are located just 65 miles from the capital of Santa Fe, NM, 4 hours from Denver and 2 hours from Albuquerque. At 6,969 feet of elevation, there is outdoor recreation everywhere, quality schools with lots of sun and snow. We have four ski/snowboarding resorts located within 30 minutes of Taos, to include the world famous Taos Ski Valley, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, golfing, hunting and over 400 years of history.
Holy Cross Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state and federal regulations will be observed.
Schedule: Full-Time (40 Hours Per Week)
Contact: Lesley Hixson
- A bachelor's degree is preferred. Acceptable areas of study include Clinical Specialties and Business Administration or related field.
Essential Job Functions
• Experience in healthcare administration is required.
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of supervisory experience in a hospital, clinical or physicians practice setting.
• Effective working knowledge of healthcare financial management, specifically reimbursement systems, billing and collection processes, account receivable management, operations improvement and practice growth.
• Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills. Experience with oral presentations and reports to large groups preferred.
• Advanced problem solving analytical ability.
• Prior experience in healthcare EMR's is strongly preferred
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) July 27, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Cardiology RN May 19, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Director of ED July 1, 2021
- ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW) July 20, 2021
- Education Coordinator June 29, 2021
- Financial Analyst I July 27, 2021
- Food Service Worker I July 30, 2021
- Human Resources Recruiter June 29, 2021
- Nurse Aide May 20, 2021
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time May 14, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Physical Therapist May 20, 2021
- Radiology Technologist- Per Diem July 19, 2021
- Receptionist/Clinic Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Screener ***COVID Clinic (Temporary) FULL TIME*** July 20, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020