Director of Health Information ManagementPosted: March 4, 2020
Do you have a strong commitment to excellence and teamwork? Are you willing to care for our community with respect and compassion? Do you strive to always do the right thing?
If yes, you might be the Director of Health Information Management we need!
At Holy Cross Medical Center, we are driven by our mission statement, "To provide our community with the best health care choices close to home in an environment of continual improvement."
Title: Director of Health Information Management
Department: Health Information Management
Description: Responsible for successfully managing the organizational and administrative operations of the Health Information Management Department.
Location: Taos, NM - 1397 Wiemer Rd.
Education: Associates degree required with RHIT certification or bachelor's degree required with RHIA certification.
Director of Health Information Management, Full-Time, 40 hrs/week, Day shift.
Exempt, Salary, Non-Bargaining.
Benefited position starting first day of the month after hire.
Responsible for successfully managing the organizational and administrative operations of the Health Information Management Department. Performs supervisory duties to include: hiring, training, evaluating and the day-to-day supervision of the Health Information Management staff. Responsible for maintaining an acceptable level of discharge not final billed (DNFB). Oversees release of information, coding, analysis & assembly, filing, submission of birth certificates, transcription, physician suspension log and the computerized medical record system. Manages the financial aspects of the department and directs the quality assurance activities. Collaborates with the Medical Staff, Department Directors, Managers, the Medical Records Committee and Administration in matters relating to Health Information Management.
Serves as HIPPA and Information Privacy Officer to the organization for all departments and appropriate entities. Develops and assists in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of HCH Information Privacy Policies and Procedures. Performs initial and periodic information privacy risk assessments and conducts related ongoing compliance, monitoring activities in coordination with the organizations compliance issue. Performs investigations for suspected HIPPA violations, works with Human Resources and individual department managers for resolution of responsibility for reporting breaches to the Office for Civil Rights.
As a Holy Cross Medical Center employee, you will immediately start accruing Personal Leave Time and Major Medical Leave time from day one. You will receive incredible Health, Vision and Dental benefits, paid partially by employee and employer with life insurance, short and long-term disability options. We offer a 403B pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employee discounts on HCMC hospital deductibles, bereavement leave, education opportunities, jury duty compensation, service awards, EAP and Professional Development Program opportunities.
To apply, please fill out an application and attached a current resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Holy Cross Hospital is located in Taos, New Mexico. Taos is a friendly county seat located in Northern New Mexico roughly 40 minutes from Colorado's southern border. With clean rural living, we are located just 65 miles from the capital of Santa Fe, NM, 4 hours from Denver and 2 hours from Albuquerque. At 6,969 feet of elevation, there is outdoor recreation everywhere, quality schools with lots of sun and snow. We have four ski/snowboarding resorts located within 30 minutes of Taos, to include the world famous Taos Ski Valley, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, golfing, hunting and over 400 years of history.
Holy Cross Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state and federal regulations will be observed.
Schedule: Full-Time (40 Hours Per Week)
Contact: Lesley Hixson
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of an accredited HIT program preferred.
- Current CPC, CCS, CCS-P or RHIT/RHIA certificate required.
- Knowledge of CMS record requirements, DRG, ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT-4 coding guidelines required.
- 1-3 years of related experience and/or training in ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT-4 coding assignment required.
- Recent inpatient and outpatient coding experience in a Health Information Management department of an acute care hospital or physician practice preferred.
- Previous experience with medical record clinical abstracting into a hospital software system preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy & physiology and pharmacology required.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) July 27, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Cardiology RN May 19, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Director of ED July 1, 2021
- ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW) July 20, 2021
- Education Coordinator June 29, 2021
- Financial Analyst I July 27, 2021
- Food Service Worker I July 30, 2021
- Human Resources Recruiter June 29, 2021
- Nurse Aide May 20, 2021
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time May 14, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Physical Therapist May 20, 2021
- Radiology Technologist- Per Diem July 19, 2021
- Receptionist/Clinic Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Screener ***COVID Clinic (Temporary) FULL TIME*** July 20, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020