Physical TherapistPosted: May 20, 2021
Love Where You Live. Work Where You Play.
Taos, New Mexico, made Travel + Leisure’s list of Best Cites in America in 2019. Located just 135 miles from Albuquerque’s International airport and a short, 90-minute drive from Santa Fe, Taos is home to the country’s oldest continuously-inhabited pueblo community, the state’s newest national monument, and the highest peak in New Mexico. World-class skiing, hiking, camping, whitewater rafting, kayaking, fishing, and mountain biking can all be found nearby.
Do you have a strong commitment to excellence and teamwork? Are you willing to care for our community with respect and compassion? Do you strive to always do the right thing?
If yes, you might be the Physical Therapist we need!
At Holy Cross Medical Center, we are driven by our mission statement, "To provide our community with the best health care choices close to home in an environment of continual improvement."
Title: Physical Therapist
Department: Physical Therapy
Description: Evaluates for, organizes and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy programs/treatments for in-patients and out-patients in a hospital setting to restore function and prevent disability following disease, injury or loss of a body part.
Location: Taos, NM - 1398 Wiemer Rd.
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited college or university required.
Physical Therpaist Full-Time, 32 hrs/week, Day Shift.
Non-Exempt, Hourly, Bargaining.
Benefited position starting 1st day of the following month after hire.
Evaluates for, organizes and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy programs/treatments for in-patients and out-patients in a hospital setting to restore function and prevent disability following disease, injury or loss of a body part. Responsible for helping the patient reach his/her maximum performance and to assume a place in society, while learning to live within the limits of his/her capabilities.
Performs duties independently with minimal supervisio, operating from specific and definite direction and instructions. Decisions are of routine or critical nature, made within prescribed operating guidelines, policies, and procedures. Communicates new material, equipment, and procedures to all members of the team. Is responsible for delivering patient care within institutional guidelines.
Supervisory in nature, by regularly providing clinical direction to Physical Therapy Assistant.
Has both internal and external contacts. The most common internal contacts are with all staff and physicians. The most frequent external contacts are with patients and their families/caregivers. Both types of interactions involve information exchange, good customer service and problem solving.
To apply, please fill out an application and attached a current resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Holy Cross Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state and federal regulations will be observed.
Schedule: Full Time (32 hrs/wk)
Contact: Vanessa Garcia
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited college or university required.
• Current Physical Therapist License in the State of New Mexico required.
• Current CPR is required.
• 1-3 years clinical experience in rehabilitation, or physical therapy, in an acute care facility and/or out-patient therapy setting preferred.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Administrative Assistant III - (Full Time, Temporary) September 10, 2021
- Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) July 27, 2021
- Bilingual Home Visitor II September 1, 2021
- Cancer Support Services Group Facilitator August 2, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Certified Nursing Assistant - (Full Time Days) August 5, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Circulator RN September 10, 2021
- Coder III September 1, 2021
- COVID Swabber TEMPORARY FT August 26, 2021
- Diabetes Educator- RN August 31, 2021
- Director of Facilities Management August 12, 2021
- Financial Analyst I September 1, 2021
- House Shift Coordinator September 24, 2021
- Human Resources Recruiter June 29, 2021
- Infection Prevention Trainee September 20, 2021
- Materials Manager September 22, 2021
- Medical Assistant August 9, 2021
- Medical Lab Scientist September 24, 2021
- Nurse Aide May 20, 2021
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time May 14, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Physical Therapist May 20, 2021
- Physical Therapy Technician September 15, 2021
- Prior Authorization Specialist September 22, 2021
- Receptionist/Clinic Scheduler September 15, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse Per Diem August 26, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registration/Scheduler - TEMPORARY FT August 26, 2021
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- RN-Vaccinator TEMPORARY FT August 26, 2021
- Screener ***COVID Clinic (Temporary) FULL TIME*** July 20, 2021
- Social Worker September 10, 2021
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020