Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week)Posted: October 19, 2021
Holy Cross Medical Center has an immediate opening for a Respiratory Therapist
This position is a terrific opportunity for a Respiratory Therapist whether they’re newly licensed or a seasoned veteran. We are committed to a meaningful and productive assimilation period for new employees. Upon hire, you will be fully trained and oriented against your job description, the operational tempo of the facility, the surroundings of the community as well as overall vocational familiarity.
In addition to the normal duties of a RT, this position will focus on COVID patients by operating ventilators, monitoring vapotherm, EKGs, pulmonary function tests.
This will require the successful candidate to have superior interpersonal communication skills as well as critical thinking skills associated with prioritization of care partnering with nurses and physicians. There will be shifts when this employee is the sole provider on duty.
In addition to providing clinical care, the successful candidate must be a premier patient advocate through the use of AIDET at the highest level. (Competent utilization of AIDET ® decreases patient anxiety, increases patient compliance, and improves clinical outcomes. The acronym AIDET ® stands for five communication behaviors: Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You. At Holy Cross the use and mastery of AIDET is a required competency.
Holy Cross Medical Center is the sole full service healthcare provider in Taos. This means a very special and close relationship with the community because your patients are also your neighbors and they are counting on Holy Cross as we are counting on you. This unique community experience lends itself to fully developing skills as a patient advocate in addition to skills as a clinical practitioner.
This position is part of a collaborative process with other team members, which assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, and monitors and develops and implements options to ensure high quality outcomes.
Holy Cross Medical is an extraordinary not for profit critical access facility. There is a strong sense of family and community shared by all the employees from the CEO on down. Employees take a great deal of pride and ownership in their work as caregivers for our patients and as colleagues to each other. The hospital is well known for its consideration and generosity to its employees and to the community. In 2021, employees enjoyed a significant pay increase and an improved benefits package that easily rivals the big urban hospitals across the country.
Taos is the countryseat of Taos County, New Mexico. Filled with a rich history, Taos has evolved to be a mecca for many arts and outdoor recreation opportunities including horseback riding, skiing, fly fishing, golfing, river rafting and mountain biking, ice fishing, snowmobiling, hot air ballooning, ice skating and more.
The town is replete with small shops and art galleries and magnificent specialty restaurants as well as the familiar retailers such as Albertson’s, Smith’s, Ace Hardware, Walgreen’s and of course Walmart and McDonald’s.
Schedule: Full Time (36 Hours Per Week)
Contact: Vanessa Garcia
Education and/or Experience:
• Graduate from an accredited respiratory therapy training program required.
• Current New Mexico Respiratory Care License required.
• Certification (CRTT) and/or Registration (RRT) by National Board of Respiratory Care required.
• BLS and ACLS is required.
• A minimum of One-year experience in a healthcare facility is preferred.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Administrative Assistant III - (Full Time, Temporary) September 10, 2021
- Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) July 27, 2021
- Bilingual Home Visitor II September 1, 2021
- Cancer Support Services Group Facilitator August 2, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Certified Nursing Assistant - (Full Time) August 5, 2021
- Circulator RN September 10, 2021
- Clinical Informatics - EMR Training Coordinator October 5, 2021
- Clinical Informatics-EMR Liaison October 5, 2021
- Coder III September 1, 2021
- Director of Facilities Management August 12, 2021
- Financial Analyst I September 1, 2021
- Financial Counselor October 11, 2021
- Infection Prevention Trainee September 20, 2021
- Materials Manager September 22, 2021
- Medical Assistant August 9, 2021
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time May 14, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Physical Therapy Technician September 15, 2021
- Prior Authorization Specialist September 22, 2021
- Receptionist/Clinic Scheduler October 15, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registration/Scheduler - TEMPORARY FT August 26, 2021
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) October 19, 2021
- RN-Vaccinator TEMPORARY FT August 26, 2021
- Scheduler October 12, 2021
- Screener ***COVID Clinic (Temporary) FULL TIME*** July 20, 2021
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020
- Telemetry (Monitor Technician) October 5, 2021