Coder IIIPosted: March 5, 2021
Responsible for the conversion of diagnoses and treatment procedures into codes using the international classification of diseases (ICD-9 & CPT-4 codes). Accountable for sequencing of diagnoses and procedures for health statistics, long term planning and reimbursement. Ensures that all records are coded in an accurate and timely manner. Performs abstracting of records.
Schedule: Full-time 40 hours/week
Contact: Vanessa Garcia
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Graduate of an accredited HIT program preferred.
• Current CPC, CCS, CCS-P or RHIT/RHIA certificate required.
• Knowledge of CMS record requirements, DRG, ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding guidelines required.
• 1-3 years related experience and/or training in ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding assignment required.
• Recent inpatient and outpatient coding experience in a Health Information Management department of an acute care hospital or physician practice preferred.
• Previous experience with medical record clinical abstracting into a hospital software system preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy & physiology and pharmacology required.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) July 27, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Cardiology RN May 19, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Director of ED July 1, 2021
- ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW) July 20, 2021
- Education Coordinator June 29, 2021
- Financial Analyst I July 27, 2021
- Food Service Worker I July 30, 2021
- Human Resources Recruiter June 29, 2021
- Nurse Aide May 20, 2021
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time May 14, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Physical Therapist May 20, 2021
- Radiology Technologist- Per Diem July 19, 2021
- Receptionist/Clinic Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Screener ***COVID Clinic (Temporary) FULL TIME*** July 20, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020