Financial AnalystPosted: May 17, 2021
Do you have a strong commitment to excellence and teamwork?
Are you willing to care for our community with respect and compassion?
Do you strive to always do the right thing?
If yes, you might be the Financial Analyst we need!
At Holy Cross Medical Center, we are driven by our mission statement, "To provide our community with the best health care choices close to home in an environment of continual improvement."
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Department: Taos Professional Services
Reports To: COO/VP of Physician Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a member of the Holy Cross Medical Center (HCMC) team, the Taos Professional Services (TPS) Financial Analyst (FA) reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO)/VP of Physician Services with a dotted line to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The FA exhibits advanced analytical skills to synthesize data to assist leadership and understands the operational and financial drivers required to influence decision making and drive business results for the TPS Clinics. The FA has a strong attention to detail and has the ability to ensure accuracy of all analytics. The FA demonstrates exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with leaders across the organization.
• Collects and interprets data for TPS from multiple sources. Provides analysis of financial data and performance measures, trend analysis, and the monitoring of key financial and operational metrics for the TPS Clinics. Summarizes and adapts financial and operational information to graphs, pie charts, bullet points and key conclusions in language readily understood by key stakeholders.
• Creates monthly TPS Clinic dashboards to show provider productivity and financial and operational performance; dashboards will be distributed to executive and physician leadership as well as individual practitioners. Utilizes industry benchmarks (i.e., MGMA, Sullivan Cotter) to compare performance, cost, revenue, staffing and other targets.
• Leads the TPS budgeting and forecasting process, including the development and analysis of operating budgets for TPS.
• Reviews actual performance against budgeted performance and prepares reports explaining budget variations.
• Develops procedural level cost and profitability analysis for clinical services.
• Develops productivity analysis and capacity assessments for clinical services.
• Collaborates with the COO/VP of Physician Services and CFO to ensure provider compensation models and practices are effective, well understood, market competitive, compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
• Completes TPS month end financial close reporting:
o Contractual allowance estimate
o Other month end journal entries as necessary
• Oversite of payer contract management and evaluation.
• Participates in coding analysis and evaluation as necessary.
• Implementation and maintenance of financial assistance program.
• Ensures compliance with physician employment agreements regarding compensation and on-call pay and produces associated reports as needed.
• Participates in meetings with TPS physicians who receive production-based compensation. Prepares financial analysis as needed to negotiate pay changes with physicians who are being paid contrary to the terms of their contracts.
• Collaborates with external organizations that collect and produce fair market data for physician compensation. Responsible for preparing and submitting the MGMA cost and compensation survey data.
• Creation and maintenance of wRVUs as well as ongoing evaluation of physician productivity.
• Develops and produces reports that monitor and benchmark cost, utilization, and other quality and performance indicators; develops and prepares financial feasibility studies for new initiatives.
• Responsible for setup of employee productivity data collection system, maintaining employee list and providing monthly and annual reports to the Physician Practice Manager.
• Maintains clinic item master.
• Oversite of clinic leases.
• Assists, directs, and prepares pro-formas and other analyses to provide the COO/VP of Physician Practices with insight into startup practices, potential practice acquisitions, efficiency and performance improvement initiatives, and other opportunities to improve the financial performance of the physician enterprise.
• Utilizes Microsoft Office products, the electronic health record, revenue cycle database, and other systems to develop ad-hoc reports, analysis, and presentations to support the physician enterprise’s strategic initiatives and other projects as needed.
Schedule: Full time
Contact: Genna Delnicki
• BS degree in Finance, Economics, or related field
• Advanced Excel skills, including ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to concisely articulate oneself.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively and juggle multiple projects to produce highly accurate work product.
• Willingness to take ownership and accept responsibility of projects.
• Ability to articulate recommendations in a clear, concise, and informed manner.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands, along with fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Financial Analyst May 17, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Cardiology RN May 19, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Emergency Room Physician May 27, 2021
- Interventional/Cardiology Imaging Nurse June 14, 2021
- Medical Lab Scientist January 7, 2021
- Nurse Aide May 20, 2021
- Patient Registration Clerk (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time May 14, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Pharmacist April 5, 2021
- Physical Therapist May 20, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (Days) February 3, 2021
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator March 8, 2021
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Sonographer - 40 hours/week March 19, 2021
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020