Director of EDPosted: July 1, 2021
Responsible for successfully managing the organizational and administrative operations of the Emergency Department Unit. Performs supervisory duties including hiring, training, evaluating and the day to day supervision of the Emergency Department Staff. Devolps and provides orientation and training for these personnel. Manages the financial aspects of the department and directs the quality assurance activities. Collaborates with and advises Medical Staff, Department Directors/Managers and Administrators in matters related to the Emergency Department.
Performs duties independently operating from specific and definite direction and instructions. Decisions are of routine or critical nature, made within prescribed operating guidelines, policies and procedures. Communicates new material, equipment and procedures to all memebers of the team. Accountable for nursing practice as defined by the State Board of Nursing in the Nurse Practice Act. Is responsible for performing job duties within institutional guidelines.
Schedule: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Contact: Vanessa Garcia
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited school or college of nursing required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
- Current New Mexico license as a Registered Nurse required.
- BCLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC and NRP required.
- ENPC and CEN certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Emergency Department clinical experience required.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of management or leadership experience in an Acute Care setting preferred.
- Good communication and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of HIPPA and State regulations for Acute Care facilities required.
- Knowledge of DNV/NIAHO certification preferred.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Financial Analyst May 17, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Cardiology RN May 19, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Director of ED July 1, 2021
- ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW) July 20, 2021
- Education Coordinator June 29, 2021
- Financial Analyst Lead July 27, 2021
- Human Resources Recruiter June 29, 2021
- Nurse Aide May 20, 2021
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time May 14, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Physical Therapist May 20, 2021
- Radiology Technologist- Per Diem July 19, 2021
- Receptionist/Clinic Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Scheduler July 19, 2021
- Screener ***COVID Clinic (Temporary) FULL TIME*** July 20, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020
- Unit Care Specialist - ER July 20, 2021